Re: [OT] ideal file size of a jpeg or gif image

Dave Proctor wrote:

> "James Brook" <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> 3A07A0E9.F247AFC4@ozemail.com.au">news:3A07A0E9.F247AFC4@ozemail.com.au...
>
> > > Web designers mostly design for 800x600 (no higher).
> > >

> > My pages >>>> ARE <<<< designed for 800x600 as this is what I run my
> > computer at. (sorry about the shouting everyone else)
>
> A site which displays photos at higher than 800x600 is NOT designed for
> 800x600 - and repeating your mantra that it is designed for 800x600 won't
> make it true.

It is designed for 800x600 if all HTML pages are designed for displaying
at that size. The images are not a page. The only difference between a
photo and a zip file is that the photo is displayed by Netscape or IE
but the zip file isn't.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: