Re: [NSW] Drama @ the Airport Line...

Dan wrote:

> Anita Lukaszyk <neety@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> 392FD386.5D493F7E@ozemail.com.au">news:392FD386.5D493F7E@ozemail.com.au...
>
> > * Comfort? Cosy? Dan, its sounds as if you actually like the V sets.
>
> No - not true... And I hope they never run via East Hills Line!

> http://www.railpage.org.au/pix/electric/V7_East_Hills_Brake_Test.jpg
>
> > Wouldn't there be more than 2 extra stop traveling via the airport?
>
> No more than 2 extra stops.
>
> For all stations service:-
> Via Sydenham - Tempe, Sydenham & Redfern (15 yrs ago will have also stopped
> at St Peters, Ernskinville)
> Via Airport - Wolli Creek, International, Domestic, Mascot, Green Square.
> (the section between Green Square and Mascot is longer)

What about express?

> But some will have to make 3 changes (formally 2 changes):-
> To travel to Bankstown line, change at Wolli Creek, change at Sydenham

= 2 changes.

> To travel to St Peters, Ernskinville, change at Wolli Creek, change at
> Sydenham

= 2 changes.

Please explain?

> > * If you don't like traveling underground, why don't you just wait for a
> train
> > that DOESN'T go to the airport?
>
> Not much difference, if I go via Sydenham or the Airport as I never check
> the timetable anyway and the track is single each way, unlike the Western
> Line for example.

Well, if you don't want to bother planning your trip, don't complain.

During peak hours, all trains run via the Airport.  If you really must go via
Meeks Road and Sydenham, just change at Wolli Creek.  I think you would find it
preferable to stay on your tain!

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au