Re: [NSW] Drama @ the Airport Line...

Anita Lukaszyk <neety@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
392FD386.5D493F7E@ozemail.com.au">news:392FD386.5D493F7E@ozemail.com.au...

> * Comfort? Cosy? Dan, its sounds as if you actually like the V sets.

No - not true... And I hope they never run via East Hills Line!

> Wouldn't there be more than 2 extra stop traveling via the airport?

No more than 2 extra stops.

For all stations service:-
Via Sydenham - Tempe, Sydenham & Redfern (15 yrs ago will have also stopped
at St Peters, Ernskinville)
Via Airport - Wolli Creek, International, Domestic, Mascot, Green Square.
(the section between Green Square and Mascot is longer)

And plus if the trains travel via Airport, some people will have to change
to Illawarra Line for example:-
To travel to Tempe, Sydenham & Redfern, change at Wolli Creek

But some will have to make 3 changes (formally 2 changes):-
To travel to Bankstown line, change at Wolli Creek, change at Sydenham
To travel to St Peters, Ernskinville, change at Wolli Creek, change at
Sydenham

> * If you don't like traveling underground, why don't you just wait for a
train
> that DOESN'T go to the airport?

Not much difference, if I go via Sydenham or the Airport as I never check
the timetable anyway and the track is single each way, unlike the Western
Line for example.

> * What I was saying is that there are people who travel further than you,
and
> have longer days as a result of this. Very long can also be very boring.

Not true. Long trips can be fun too if there is a lot of scenery and action
from the rail scene. If you travel at night or underground, then it gets
boring as I found after I travelled via Airport Line.

Danny Mok
fordghia@ozemail.com.au