Re: [QLD] Park Road Station??

Stuart Thyer wrote:

> >Who knows, but I would love to see a GNR T class up there. Speaking of
> >which, has any Victorian loco ever been to Queensland?
> >
> Dunno, quite possibly a G has snuck into Brisbane. Looking on the back cover
> of Catchpoint for this month reveals an ex CK ex T class loco on the narrow
> gauge working concentrates trains Whyalla-Iron Knob. Truly sad. The most
> detestible VR diesel class now lurks in far too many places around the
> country and there's nothing to stop one running all the way to Cairns now,
> except hopefully QR's better judgment and taste

The narrow guage unit is certainly not an "ex" CK, it's still the same
CK1 that it's been since in AN/ASR service. Now being owned by ASR,
we'll expect to see another livery on this class! So far we have: VR,
V/Line, GNR, AN, Freight Vic, Freight Aus and soon to be ASR. IMHO,
these locos are certainly far from detestable. If there was something
that almost everyone detested in the diesel loco range, it would be the
W class. I don't know where you get the idea of "taste" (: They're
certainly more tasteful than that lime green Kermit 190 that you have
sitting there in the Steamrail depot (-;

Regards

Michael