Re: [QLD] Park Road Station??

pdwyer wrote in message <02ad50d8.126b1df9@usw-ex0103-024.remarq.com>...

>Well, from what I've seen, the new road runs off the Up Southern
>Main, across the down, and meets up again at Dutton Park.
>
>This allows a slip road, for Beenleigh and Gold Coast trains to
>bypass anything on the Up Main platform.
>
>One of the reasons for the increased cost is that the Dutton
>Park relay interlocking is to be replaced with a Computer based
>one. This will facilitate any further alterations to the area.
>
>Obviously, if QR could have four lines from Roma st to Park Rd,
>such as Roma St to Corinda and the Northgate Quad, more services
>could be fitted in.
>
>The slip road also helps trains from Beenleigh & the Gold Coast
>to bypass trains on the Dn Main at Park Road.

I am puzzled by the current works which seem to indicate a four platform
layout. It will be interesting to see what materializes.

It is also great to actually be able to run a thread that has both the
Southerners (from Sydney) and the *real* Southerners (from Melbourne) unable
to insinuate Hitachis, V sets, AFL, VB etc into the discussion. :-)

Barry Campbell