Re: [NSW, CityDeRail] Worst Station Staff

> The only ones who I think should get free travel are police, and that is
> because theya re always technically on duty, so they therefore provide a
> limited security presence on the train. Only thing is, technically AFP do
> not get free travel (in Sydney at least, although some staff allow them to)
> but they can provide the same level of protection as NSW Police.

I agree...we have Police who commute of our non-rail based transport system
(seeing we cant use the B word in here ;)  )

> As for transport employees, all transport operators provide some form of
> subsidised travel for their employees - when I worked for Greyhound, Bus
> Australia and Deluxe, I would often use the Adelaide or Brisbane services to
> travel to and from Parramatta when these runs coincided with my shifts.
> Airlines offer their staff 75% discounts on firm seat tickets and 90%
> discount on sub-load (sort of like stand-by), so the railways are not
> unusual in this regard.

A percentage discount is different to paying nothing, which is what the rail
employees get. Paying a percentage is fine, paying zero isnt

--
Glenn Jackson-Bethell