Re: [NSW] Cumberland line patronage

"Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> writes:

>Could someone give an educated approximation of the PAYING PATRONAGE of
>Cumberland line services (bear in mind the high percentage of fare
>evasion...)

>Seems like CityRail doesn't give a shit about this line, and as we've seen
>today it was shut down again because of Jubilee 2000 at Olympic Park.

I don't know how many times this has to be said, but there is no such thing
as the 'Cumberland' line. It's merely a marketting tool to exploit the
operational abilities of trains that traverse the triangle at Granville.

What's to stop anyone getting a train to Granville, and then changing for
one on the other line, just like everyone had to do before the third leg was
built? 8-)

I think the fact that most trains using the triangle to get to/from
Parramatta and Merrylands are 4 cars is testament to the small number of
people who use those trains. I don't know if they are built up or
substituted with 6 or 8 cars sets in weekday peak times though.

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport