Re: [NSW] Maldon - Dombarton Line (was Cumberland line patronage)

You are quite right that the Liberal Government canned it but I recall a lot
of stuffing about and delay in starting construction on it brought about by
TWU concerns about job losses.
Cheers
Rod Gayford

"Bill McNiven" <wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
Q8JA4.51239$3b6.209892@ozemail.com.au">news:Q8JA4.51239$3b6.209892@ozemail.com.au...
> Rod Gayford wrote in message <8aumfc$8kl$1@news.eisa.net.au>...
> >Has anybody noticed how bad City Rail has got since Scully took over as
> >Transport Minister. I seem to think he might be aligned with the TWU who
as
> >you know are anti-rail. It was another TWU Transport Minister that canned
> >the part built line to Wollongong off the main south line at the behest
of
> >the TWU who were afraid their members who drove coal trucks would lose
> their
> >jobs. I think it was Unsworth
> Ummm...
>
> I think the Maldon - Dombarton line was junked by the newly-elected
LIBERAL