Re: [NSW] S set air condition trial

Jonathan Lau <jonlau@ozemail.com.au> writes:

>Why can't you open the door at the front of the cab?. I have seen some drivers
>leave the front door open on hot days. Or has CityRail put a stop to that?

It's illegal from an occ health perspective. If someone falls out the front
door (or the side doors for that matter) of an active cab, the driver has
most of the responsibility since he has a duty of care for himself and all
other people in the cab with him.

Other than that, it's damn annoying with the noise, and there have been
cases in recent years when people drove through swarms of certain stinging
insects with the front cab door open... No need to say more about that one.
8-)

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport