Re: [NSW] Indicator Board - Wrong Destination

"Inappropriate analogy" - nice statement, your justification is?

Don't forget the problem arose because people listened to the announcement
and read the indicator board.    The announcement, both on platform and on
train, should have started with "Please note that the indicator on platform
2 has been changed.  This train does NOT go to Richmond...............".
This wasn't done.  The Lithgow platform announcement was made by the same
voice same tone etc. hardly an attention grabber.

Secondly, once the crew was aware that people were on the wrong train
(perhaps (?) not until after Blacktown) the train should have been stopped
at Doonside to allow the affected passengers to leave the train.  This
results in a possible repeat of the scenario at Doonside but the number of
boarders at Doonside is insignificant compared with those carried on from
Parra and again platform and on-train announcements are possible.

I was on the train and I heard the revised platform announcement.  It was
made after the train had stopped and the passengers had started boarding.
If that was all that was done it was too little too late.  Blame is
irrelevant here, getting passengers to their correct destination is what
matters.  As for an on train announcement I was near the lead doors and I
didn't hear one.  That's not to say it wasn't made but I did hear the train
now arriving at Penrith announcement some 25 or so minutes later.

I'm suspect of the notion that the passengers (at least 3 in the front of
the 1st car on a 6 car train) note that their train is not going to Richmond
just after passing Blacktown but would be deaf to multiple appropriately
addressed corrective announcements at Parra.  Selective perception in the
extreme and perhaps a tad masochistic.

And yes it's not just CityRail.  A Qantas flight attendant told the
passengers that our plan was landing in Mackay when it was actually landing
in Rocky the other day.  I agree that this would be a poor analogy as people
could not have been disadvantaged by the error but the announcement was
clearly corrected with an appropriate apology.

There's a need for a consistent and effective procedure to inform passengers
when an error is made, or do you disagree with this as well?

Chris

884stt$sqk$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:884stt$sqk$1@news1.mpx.com.au...