Re: BHP 0-6-0 loco at Dorrigo

chris@enet21.com.au wrote...

<<Is the BHP/AIS 0-6-0 saddle tank loco owned by the Dorrigo museum? I have
been told that when the NSWRTM and Dorrigo recieved one each it they were
only placed on loan. Since then the NSWRTM one has been restored and is
running around the BHP steelworks hauling tourist cars. Have BHP ever
requested the Dorrigo loco back, and what was the response?>>

DSRM purchased Badger from AIS in 1976. To the best of my knowledge, there
has not been any approach from AIS/BHP for the loco to be returned. BHP has
since donated 47 and 52 to DSRM. Ex BHP loco 4 is also at Dorrigo, having
been donated by Commonwealth Steel.

<<That also goes for the ex-electricty commission locos at  ARHS-ACT and
Dorrigo.>>

The Electricity Commission locos (ex NSWR 24 class) were donated to ARHS-ACT
and DSRM.

Trevor