[VIC] Wooden cars on nut specials (was: [VIC] A66 & A60 should be preserved)

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> Do we *really* have to wait that long for double-headed flat-tops? (: Being
> an avid fan of these said flat-tops, I would probably be one of the first
> to book for such tour. I would book even faster, if there weren't any K
> cars in sight... Blue/gold S cars if you have to, but nothing would beat a
> string of red E/W cars (:
>
> Aah I'm dreaming again... The K's are here to stay...

I can see how the K cars are essential on the modern railway system but I think
Steamrail should try to run at least one long distance tour a year with the
wooden cars. I haven't been in a W or E car since March last year. This was the
ARE/ARHS Echuca both ways tour with GM36 and J515. I missed the SRV Maryborough
tour because I was up in Queensland on a trip from Brisbane to Cairns and then
Mareeba behind BB18¼ 1079 (Nice loco, but way too quiet! :-( ). If only
Steamrail and SRHC would run a joint tour. You could have R761 (or a diesel)
with a full speed consist to Seymour and then change trains to J515 and the
wooden cars for a run up the Shepparton or Echuca lines. If Steamrail want
something different, then what's wrong with this? Two different locos and two
different trains. They could also make a big deal out of the fact you change
trains like they did in the past. In case you're wondering, I have suggested
this to Steamrail. Its insane that Steamrail and the SRHC both have an
excellent collection of rollingstock and locos, but they never run joint tours
that would make things interesting and therefore attract customers. I'm
dreaming again because Steamrail or the SRHC would never do it. :-(

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au