Re: Why does my train do this?

Peter Shute said in message <uks0asob0v154cna780kec56jhb3n9e90q@4ax.com>, I
therefore quote:

>Often my morning train (St Albans to F.St via loop) stops a couple of
>carriages short at North Melb (platform 3), waits about a minute, then
>moves up. Why? Any ideas?

Having seen this happen, late one night before, my only guess could be, the
driver is exchanging documents with a member of staff of the station. He
would be going far enough ahead to clear the signal, but not too far to
make the person walk down the other end of the platform.

I saw it happen about 11pm one night, and at the same time, a down Upfield
train came (out of the loop) in on platform 2, and stopped about level with
the cab of the up train on platform 3. I did attempt a photo, but not
having a tripod proved fruitless. It was quite interesting to see the
trains in the positions that they were in, and would have made a good time
exposure (:

>Peter Shute

Regards

Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski
Email: mk@netstra.com.au

Children in the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause children.