Re: SG Toowoomba Line (was Re: VFT/VHST - third time lucky?)

In article <901271DB6gunzelT333@139.130.239.94>,
  usenet.spam@gunzel.net (Michael) wrote:
> Colin Weaver <colingw@my-deja.com> wrote in article
> <91u1bk$vh3$1@nnrp1.deja.com>:
>
> >For some time now, I have thought that we've got this gauge
conversion
> >thing the wrong way round and should be converting the ridiculously
> >broad gauges down south to our sensible medium gauge of 3'6" ;-)
(Ducks
> >for cover)
>
> Could you imagine a Tangara on 3'6" ??? They're bad enough on 4'8.5"
(-:

> Bah, toy guages, both of them. Get real - Get 5'3" - Who's ever seen a
> Melbourne train tip?

Can't seem to remember any EMUs, IMUs, SMUs or ICEs tipping over,
although the Rockhampton / Bundaberg trains tilt a bit.

If we continue your suggestion, maybe we should just double the QR gauge
to 7'0", starting the regauging with the Westgate - Quilpie line which
already has an appropriate name ;-)

As for Tangaras, I wouldn't object so much if I didn't seem to freeze to
death every time I take one - and after QR CityTrain they seem to
accelerate so slooooow!

--Colin

--
This account is a spam filter.  Please send e-mail replies to:
colin dot weaver at boeing dot com

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/