Re: BVE Railway Simulator

Downloaded and tested this Simulator aa week ago.
The scenery, sound, texture and mode are excellent!

The first time I used it I had trouble trying to get the train going
for an hour!

But one thing I have problems with is when I'm at the speed limit and
passing the second station along the route, I just.......STOP and the
train freezes there!
Haven't got this fixed ever since!

Anywayz I suggest we all try this sim as it is freeware and the quality
of it will make us dribble !

Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689

P.S. The people who made the sim. seem to dislike a Japanese
Playstation Train Simulator called Denysa Na Go or something.
P.P.P.S.  I also tried alot of other simulators from Vern including a
signal box simulator of North Strathfield!

In article <3a41f031$0$7500$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  "B." <gunzel412@dingoblue.gunzel.net.au> wrote:
> Dean A Stalker <dstalker@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
> > "Michael Thompson" <mictom@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in
> > message news:3a41ccf5.1723284@news.dingoblue.net.au...
>
> >> Has anyone checked out the BVE simulator that is getting
> >> lots of attention at present?
>
> >> It is a Japanese freeware program and is gradually being
> >> modified by enthusiasts to run on non-Japanese Windows.
> >> All of the routes and trains are Japanese but it has a
> >> fairly open architecture which means it can easily be
> >> adapted to simulate any railway system. The physics and
> >> the sound are excellent. The graphics are fairly basic but
> >> there is lots of potential for development.
>
> >> It has two modes - one in which you have to obey all
> >> signals and speed restrictions and adhere to a very strict
> >> timetable without losing points and a second in which you
> >> can run free and admire the scenery.
>
> >> It certainly whets the appetite for Microsoft Train
> >> Simulator due for release next year!
>
> >> A good place to begin checking it out is  -
> >> http://www.vernsrailpages.org.uk/bve.html
>
> > Looks good, but I haven't been able to play it with
> > success. It doesn't load any of the textures, and just
> > freezes after the cab view comes up.
>
> I managed to get it going, it goes along nicely, but i have yet to
> master the throttle & brake.  The throttle seems to have only 4
> notches.  I'm not too sure of how exactly the ATC works either.  I
> managed to get to a station, but there was a red signal.  Not sure
> if it was the end of the sim or not.
>
> --
> B.
>
> Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
> ICQ#  - eight two three two nine seven three four
> Phone - long, long, short, long.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/