"L & D" <daisyw@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
399FE287.9A1625C3@ozemail.com.au">news:399FE287.9A1625C3@ozemail.com.au...

> Dave Proctor wrote:
>
> > "L & D" <daisyw@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> > 399FD6B9.E5983223@ozemail.com.au">news:399FD6B9.E5983223@ozemail.com.au...

> > most

> > > CRAP
> >
> > No it isn't - I now of two people who have said that they prefer not to
> > travel by train because the staff look like slobs, and if they aren't
> > prepared to look after their personal appearance, how can they be
expected
> > to look after other peoples safety? For myself, I look after my own
> > appearance first (before I leave home) and then go from there. Someone
who
> > is lacksadaisical in their own personal appearance will be
lacksadaiscial in
> > most things.
>
> Personnel appearance for a lot of workers in the same industries are
different
> all around Australia in all walks of life so how can you make a statement
like
> that? It might be all well for you, because you  may have time to look
after
> your appearance before leaving home but not every body has the time
available to
> them all the time.

Buit people who are supplied with a uniform, who refuse (or fail) to wear
that uniform is indicative of an overall culture of a failure to conform.

WRT the people who have indictaed their positions to me, it has basically
been along the lines of "They look like slobs, they can't even bother to
dress properly, how can they be trusted to handle a train properly." This is
from people who are not gunzels, who only use a train when they have to, so
if people like this are deterred from travelling by train when they have an
option, how are the railways supposed to turn themselves around and get the
off-peak patronage that they need to boost revenue?

> > wrong
> > increased

> > Notice you did not address this point.
>
> Why should I

Because it was a valid (IMHO) point that you left in. If you thought it was
irrelevant, then you should have snipped it out.

Dave