Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

Dave Proctor wrote:

> "L & D" <daisyw@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> 399FD6B9.E5983223@ozemail.com.au">news:399FD6B9.E5983223@ozemail.com.au...
> >
> > Dave Proctor wrote:
> >
> > > "Tony Gatt" <baulko@tig.com.au> wrote in message
> > > 8nog68$oeg$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:8nog68$oeg$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...

> most

> > > I presume this was from Tezza?
> > >
> > > Guards not wearing ties contributes to an image of slovenliness and
> > > incompetence, thus driving people from the railways into their cars
> >
> > CRAP
>
> No it isn't - I now of two people who have said that they prefer not to
> travel by train because the staff look like slobs, and if they aren't
> prepared to look after their personal appearance, how can they be expected
> to look after other peoples safety? For myself, I look after my own
> appearance first (before I leave home) and then go from there. Someone who
> is lacksadaisical in their own personal appearance will be lacksadaiscial in
> most things.

I am afraid it is crap.  Someone who does not wear a tie does not necessarily
look like a slob.  The reverse is also not true. (See Sir Les Patterson).  If
ties were so important for public image, why are they only required for half the
year?  Does this mean CityRail only wants passengers in winter?  In summer,
no-one will ride the trains, because ties are not compulsory.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au