Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

"David Bradshaw" <davidbradshaw@my-deja.com> wrote in message
8nlffb$4oe$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8nlffb$4oe$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> OK everyone, here is a hypothetical situation for you.
>
> You are the operator of a business. This business is essentially
> engaged in servicing the general public (as opposed to a business-to-
> business model).
>
> You have an employee, lets call him Fred, whose role involves a
> considerable technical component,

Can't be talking about train guards then, they only have to press about 5
buttons.

> Unfortunately, Fred's appearance has been below par. Company policy
> requires the wearing of a uniform, and this uniform includes a tie.
> Fred has not been wearing his tie, as required by company policy, and
> also has been wearing his shirt untucked with the top few buttons
> undone.

Why add dishelvement, I was talking about someone loosing their livelihood
for not wearing a piece of material around their neck during winter.

> Fred has already been counselled regarding this on multiple occasions.
> He still refused to wear his uniform as required. Therefore Fred was
> given a formal warning. However, Fred continues to flout the reasonable
> instructions of you, his employer.

Train crews are going to get one waring, one counselling, then fired, not
multiples.

> What is his employer to do?

Come into the 20th century and reward him properly for a job well done and
he may just take more pride in his appearance.

> Fred has not heeded multiple warnings
> regarding his conduct, and ignores the instructions of you the employer.

The guard got 2 warnings. The employer, in the case in question should sack
the lower/middle management and get someone in who can raise morale.