Re: New Melbourne trams have fewer seats than the old ones but they're longer!

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000 15:18:07 +1000 someone who may be "Ted Gay"
<tedgay@bigpond.com> wrote this:-

>that half the passengers are riding with their back to the direction of
>travel or are sitting side on which is not comfortable on any but short
>trips.

Back to direction of travel is more comfortable. Sideways is fine, if
the vehicle rides reasonably smoothly.

 David Hansen | davidhSEND@NO.spidacom.co.SPAMuk | PGP email preferred
 Edinburgh    |  CI$ number 100024,3247          | key number 5432274D
 Due to the amount of spam now killing e-mail I have modified my address
 to reply remove SEND NO SPAM.