Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

"Tony Gatt" <baulko@tig.com.au> wrote in message
8noba0$l6d$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:8noba0$l6d$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...

> > Come into the 20th century and reward him properly for a job well done
and
> > he may just take more pride in his appearance> .
>
> But it isn't a job well done. If it was a job well done, he would have
been
> wearing his full uniform

Wearing the uniform is not one of the duties of the position, so not wearing
it does not mean he doesn't do a good job

> to relay the positive company approach.

CityDerail doesn't have a "positive company approach"

> You just don't get it. I have been reading down the posts, and the one
thing
> sticks out like dogs nuts in your posts is "Its someone elses fault!"

Only if it is.

> Running by this theory, the level of incompetence runs all the way to the
> top,

That's where it starts.

 and that is transposed back to the bottom, where it starts a nasty
> resurgence back to the top. The final outcome of this is that No-one knows
> or cares about what they are doing, cos someone else is responsible.

You work for CityDerail?

> > > Fred has not heeded multiple warnings
> > > regarding his conduct, and ignores the instructions of you the
employer.

> > The guard got 2 warnings. The employer, in the case in question should
> sack
> > the lower/middle management and get someone in who can raise morale.
>
> No, sack the person who's not doing the job, and employ someone who will
do
> the job properly.

That would be management then as they're not doing their job.

> When the place runs well, morale will be high because "some" people take
> pride in their work. Others sit back, and "fire off" cos they are getting
> bad deal.

When it runs well management take the kudos, when it doesn't they blame the
workers.

> Employees rights (ie: work performance letters, counselling, warnings,
> counselling) has gotten out of hand. If you are doing your job properly
and
> as required, there wouldn't be a need to be jumping up and down. Sure
there
> is a need for it at times(the employees right of reply that is), but if it
> constant "screwing up" on the employees behalf, then that employee is
> costing you business.

I've never heard of someone not taking the train cause a guard wasn't
wearing a tie.

> Why should I as a business operator spend more of my money training
someone
> who is obviously not up to the standard required by  my company?

But they are up to the required standard and performing the required duties.
It would be a waste of hundreds of thousands of dollars to sack an
experienced worker cause he won't wear a tie.

> And when that employee costs me business by failing to carry out his job
> correctly (after I have instructed him via perfomance letter and
> 'counselling' and training), I have to spend more money by not only
keeping
> him on the payroll, but by "paying" for his screwups.

Incorrect, see above.

> And who do I get to turn to to help me?? No-one!! and now, Me, the
employer,
> who is going broke due to failing business is asked to feel for the poor
> buggers livelihood that I am about to remove (by termination) when he is
the
> overall reason my businees is not performing.
>
> I think not!

Guards not wearing ties and Drivers with wrong shoes is not costing
CityDerail any business. Failing to adequately train new Drivers most
assuredly is.