Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

Dave Proctor wrote:

> WRT the people who have indictaed their positions to me, it has basically
> been along the lines of "They look like slobs, they can't even bother to
> dress properly, how can they be trusted to handle a train properly." This is
> from people who are not gunzels, who only use a train when they have to, so
> if people like this are deterred from travelling by train when they have an
> option, how are the railways supposed to turn themselves around and get the
> off-peak patronage that they need to boost revenue?

I doubt these people are referring specifically to the wearing of ties.  I would
suggest they are referring to some of the disgusting appearance of a minority of
staff who do not tuck their shirts in, or even do up the buttons.  I think you
are just interpreting it wrongly to suit your argument.  Go back to these people
and ask (specifically) "If all the staff were neatly dressed and well kempt,
would you still catch the train if they were not wearing a tie?"   Please report
back with your answers.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au