Rationalisations (was Re: Screens savers on message boards?)

Michael wrote:

> Now wonder when they will remove 1A and 9A in lieu of all the other
> sidings, points, boxes being removed. No doubt when it's all finished
> though, the whole system will be a huge royal f***up.

You mean that it isn't yet??

> and they call it making it more efficient... (Okay, the Flinders-St to
> Richmond section has improved considerably without Jolimont Railyards,
> nothing else will though).

So I guess since the demise of the yards at Flinders St, there is now no need
for a station to be built between FSS and Richmond to give trains an excuse
to stop.

Also, are all the signals through the old yards still Home signals? They
don't protect anything now, do they?

After 16 years the "A" lights might actually get to shine some light for a
while (until they swing the main signal heads over to be automatic and remove
them)

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.