Re: Some oddities in Sydney Underground system?

David wrote:

> here is a couple of questions/oddities I have noted about the Sydney
> underground railway system.
>
> 1 - Wynyard Station has platfroms 3,4 and 5,6. where is platform 1 and 2???

Secure Parking.  Go up there and take a look.  The platforms are gone, but the
tunnels are still there.

> 2 - St James looks like it was designed to have 4 train tunnels rather then
> the present 2 (just look at the roof for confirmation of this. what
> happened?

They changed their minds.  It was to have been the ESR line, but that got
changed to go from Town Hall.

> 3 - has anyone got any info on a potential sation between St james and
> circular quay?

It won't happen.

> 4 - Why dont country trains go through wynward and over the bridge?

Not enough train paths, too many whingers up the shore, better connections at
Strathfield, Town Hall might fall down, too much rooting around to get out of
Sydney Central...

> 5 - Anyone noticed how the new tv style indicators at Martin place already
> have significant screen etching particulary on the bondi junction side where
> the station names dont move (having only been there for a couple of months)?
> maybe they should use some sort of screensaver.

Passengers would prefer to know where the train is going rather than watch
fireworks or bouncing balls on the screen. :-)

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au