Screens savers on message boards?

I agree that people probably dont want to see bouncing balls when they are
trying to find out about the trains but what about those other indicators
used at Sutherland/Sydnenham/hurstville which have a scrolling red text with
all the same info as the new etched screen TV models.

did someone decide that we needed all new expensive ways prone to failure
ways of indicating for trains?

why not leave whats there at the moment (light board) while adding a simple
digital character (like petrol pumps) sign saying "due in XXX mins"

those fools.