Re: Screens savers on message boards?

David wrote:

> I agree that people probably dont want to see bouncing balls when they are
> trying to find out about the trains but what about those other indicators
> used at Sutherland/Sydnenham/hurstville which have a scrolling red text with
> all the same info as the new etched screen TV models.

QR have screens that change. (Roma St, Central & Brunswick St) The information
shown is Next train and all the stations it stops at, and then a list of the
next few trains then back back to the next train. This surely helps with screen
burnout.

When in Melbourne, have a look at the screens on the platforms when they go
blank. You can read most of the services that run from there. ( I know that
platforms  10-14 had burn in them for St Kilda / Port Melbourne/Sandringham....)

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.
http://homepages.tig.com.au/~baulko