Re: QR okay for Y2K

Unless the locos are NR's or anything else recent, I dont think it will be
much of a problem for them.

As far as I know, all diesel fuels, diesel engines and traction motors were
Y2K compliant (Unless they have a co-incidental fault causing them to fail
at 00:00:00 on January 1, 2000).

I also believe drivers are Y2K compliant, unless they demand unreasonable
penalties for the new years eve because they can't spend it celebrating,
and as a result resigning or being terminated. Round wheels shouldn't
really be a Y2K issue either.

Passengers will mostly be Y2K compliant, except for the ones who will turn
psycho at the rollover time, and either kick the bucket or get shot out of
madness.

As for the NR's and any other computer controlled locomotive, i'm not too
sure. I doubt any of the critical systems affecting the running of these
locmotives will rely on a date at all.

:-)

Sarcastic Regards,
Michael.

dirtcircuitvideos said on 01-Oct-1999 in