Re: 240 volts on tangaras and the 4d set

Eben Levy wrote:

> Last trip to syd and return, I took my laptop with me.
>
> Way back form syd I made sure I was booked in car A and happily ran the laptop
> for most of the journey of the shaver only outlet there.

The XPTs have shaving outlets which are rated at 40 watts and are inverters
running off the 120V batteries.  In the electrical cupboard is a GPO.  This should
only be used when the train is connected to shore power, as the voltage/frequency
changes depending on engine speed.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au