Level Crossing Stupidity

L & D <daisyw@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
380B20B1.529CC104@ozemail.com.au">news:380B20B1.529CC104@ozemail.com.au...

> Michael wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I believe I may have mentioned this on past occasions, but I have seen
the
> > stupidity that goes on, at the Bell Street / Bell Station level
crossing,

> I remember once watching a bus sneak across the Bell St level crosing as
the
> booms lowered only to be left stranded (how he exited the crossing I don't
> know as the train blocked my view, but the train driver wasn't to
impressed)
> and a lot of the time there were cars stoped on the crossing as the booms
> lowered.
>
> Davo
>

> > having been committed to 6 years of secondary education within that
> > vicinity. Then there was the accident there. A train (375M??) ran into a
> > stationary truck. The train was going slowly, as it had to stop at Bell
> > Station, but still did not have enough time to stop. A number of people
on
> > the train itself suffered minor injuries as well, for this truck
driver's
> > stupidity.

Speaking of stupidity, this morning, the track circuit didn't pick up the
Glen Wav
UP express. The train reached the signal (BLY 381, nice bright LCD) right
before the crossing without the boom gates going down. Obviously people
could see the train.b A driver crossing the Madden Gve decided to go as the
boom gates went down, realised that the train was there and decided not to
go.... half of the car on the down line... the result... one boom gate
pushing down onto the roof of a Volvo S40... at least there wasn't a train
on the down line :(

cheers
Johann