problems at ringwood (again) - sun 17/10

Problems with the signals at Ringwood again (Sunday 17 Oct)??

At about 17:15, Lilydale bound train sitting at red light on city side
of Wantirna Rd bridge. There was a train sitting on plat. 1, but I was
too far away to see where it was going, and couldn't get a clear view
of the other platforms to see if they were being used.

At about 17:25, the level crossing at Dublin Rd East Ringwood was
stuck, with the boys in blue redirecting traffic to go Eastfield Rd.
bridge. All signals as far as I could see (both directions) were red.
The above Lilydale train arrived at E.R. about the same time I did
(about 17:28).

I wasn't travelling by train at the time, so I can't fill in any more
details. Maybe someone else knows the full story?

Mick.

 mzs@eastwood.apana.org.au
 mzs@bigpond.com
 http://eastwood.apana.org.au/