Re: CityRail Guessing Games

Hi

As a semi-veteran western line passenger/customer (pmsl), I may have the
solution to next week's puzzle

I presume that all lines will be blocked at Lidcombe due to station
upgrading. Also, there are some lines near Flemo which need to be
resleepered (but will they do it?????)

Wynyard - Blacktown bus route would run via the Sydney Harbour bridge, Gore
Hill Freeway, M2 Motorway, Prospect Highway then to Blacktown. This route
does not suffer the congestion of the M4 Motorway or Parramatta Road and
will mean less buses on these routes.

Strathfield - Regents Park buses would run wih connecting services at
Regents Park to Liverpool and Bankstown.

Up West/South suburban services would terminate at Granville. Up Carlingford
shuttle services would operate terminate at Clyde.

The point about Olympic Park as a bus interchange is a good one (it seemed
to work ok @ Xmas) however, as I understand it, the Strathfield - Olympic
Park service could still run.

Eric
www.webalias.com/erknet
Stage 1 of Operation Thumbnail almost complete