Re: QR going national?

Who needs to boast about it - and why should boasting about it be restricted
to Queenslanders. I live in Victoria - what do I have to boast about about
this state's railways?:
a railway a pale shadow of itself 20 years ago, much less route kilometres,
main line track speeds no higher than the 1930s (unlike Qld), less
electrification than 20 years ago (unlike Qld) newest suburban trains dating
from 1981 (unlike Qld) system split into 2 gauges (unlike Qld, where QR
makes no pretence of operating on standard gauge) no new motive power
purchases since the 80s (unlike Qld) traffic restricted to grains, a few low
value ores and the odd bit of timber (unlike Qld) no new urban rail routes
since 1985 (unlike Qld) ...no working Garratt (unlike Qld) and no hope of
salvation (unlike Qld)

like some of the other threads I'd be happy for people to continue to add
things to the above list - but I suspect many Victorian (and NSW)
contributors are unlikely to, because looking at colourful 1950s diesels
running the menagerie of interstate freights that pass through Melbourne is
a more interesting hobby than a examining a real railway. Its like cheese -
it only gets its colour and flavour from putrefaction and decay.

By the way someone is probably ticking over whether Werribee both ways plus
Cranbourne makes up in route length for Pakenham to Traralgon. I eagerly
await the result

ieQGOF5aHuvYDDF10V3iJKF2XY7f@4ax.com">news:ieQGOF5aHuvYDDF10V3iJKF2XY7f@4ax.com...