Re: QR going national?

"Switched On" <yaropolk@hotmail.com> wrote:

> 2) Qld run the most successful passenger trains in the country?

By what measure?

> 3) Qld run the most successful freight operation in the country?

I thought the Pilbarra lines were "the most successful freight
operation in the country".

> especially when all the money to be made in this country
> is in hauling primary produce like coal, wheat, cattle etc.

Who is making money out of hauling cattle, or even wheat?  Minerals
may be good money spinners, but not much else is in the primary
produce arena is now a days.

> covers more territory and ships more heavy freight and passengers in this
> country than any other guage.

Again, by what measures?

Cheers,

Bill