Re: [Melb] Broadmeadows re-signalling

Eddie Oliver <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote in message
3804658B.D5D01666@efs.mq.edu.au">news:3804658B.D5D01666@efs.mq.edu.au...

> Tony Gatt wrote:

> > I have no idea why both Starting Signals are provided with an
illuminated "A".
> > When Somerton is switched out, the Starting signals do not go back
to stop, so
> > therefore the "A" lights never work.

> They would not go back to stop in the ordinary course of events, but
are
> there not circuit-failure possibilities which might make them go
back to
> stop? Is the lever position the only thing in their control
circuits?

Not ever seeing circuits for illuminated 'A' lights, I can't make a
definitive statement, but I imagine the relay controlling the 'A'
light must prove the closing lever reverse & down prove the relevant
GR.

> Are they controlled by the position of the block instruments?

No, there are no Victorian Block instruments connected in any way to
Starting Signals.  However there are Staff Proving contacts at
Newport, controlling the Starting Signals, which I suppose are of not
dissimilar concept.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.