Re: [Melb] Broadmeadows re-signalling

Exnarc <gwrly@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
7ts58b$2jvo$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:7ts58b$2jvo$1@otis.netspace.net.au...

> Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
> 7tr9je$bhq$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7tr9je$bhq$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...

> > I have a few questions about the re-signalling of Broadmeadows.
The
> > section from Broadmeadows towards Seymour is Double Line Block.
Does
> > that mean they the starting signal at Broadmeadows must be a two
position
> > signal?  Is the up starting signal at Somerton a two position
signal?

> Always was, I haven't looked for a few years but the Up Starting
signal at
> Somerton was a 2 position light signal.

For whatever reason, the Starting Signal into a DLB section is always
a Two position signal.

Somerton is an island of 3 Position Signalling, but the Starting
Signal is again 2P.  (And the Home off the Upfield Line, for that
matter).

> > Reference (and new layout):

http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord/trains/signalling/broadmeadows/diagram
_new.g
> if
> > The points are correct, I have put in the signalling for what I
think it
> will
> > be.  Basically everything is Three position expect the down
starting and
> the
> > up repeater (ie from two position to three position, like
St.Albans)

The last Up Home, protecting the Junction of the Albion line may
disappear, it's always seemed a bit unneccessary to me.  E 573 will
need a illuminated '65' indicator, and Dwarfs seem to have a difficult
time surviving resignalling. |-)

> > (The only other thing is I don't know if sidings 'C' will stay or
go)

Knowing the abolitionists out there, I wouldn't be surprised if they
go.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.