Re: Hand Operated Gates - Flemington Racecourse Line

James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
380178AB.CF5A4807@ozemail.com.au">news:380178AB.CF5A4807@ozemail.com.au...

> The SRS tour must have been 1996 then.

Can't find the tour notes, but '97 was Coburg Line, & '98 was Box Hill
& beyond, so '96 musta been it. |-)

> Because we visited the signal boxes on
> the showgrounds line. I think it was on derby day (or something with
a similar
> name, I'm not really sure what the day is called),

It was of course the annual 'Showday' Tour, sadly now no longer held
on Showday.  IIRC it was Derby Day, we travelled per the Race Service
to Flemington Racecource.  After an inspection of the Box, we
travelled per an Up service, which made a special stop at Showgrounds
to enable the inspection party to alight.  After inspecting the 3
safeworking locations, we ajourned by R*** M**** to Essondon &
Broadmeadows.

> where's Roderick Smith when you
> need him??? He would probably know, since he was on it.

Plenty of correspondants & lurkers were on that trip.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.