Re: DOO In Sydney?

<gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.com> wrote in message
Pf7+N48q7W7L4esv9f8X0v4ptA2p@4ax.com">news:Pf7+N48q7W7L4esv9f8X0v4ptA2p@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 9 Oct 1999 14:15:27 +1000, "WhaleOilBeefHooked"
> <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote:
>
> >Eric Cartman <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >939440253.933570@diddley.primus.com.au">news:939440253.933570@diddley.primus.com.au...
> >> Hi all
> >> Tangaras do run on regular services beyond the Sydney Metro area to:
> >>
> >> Port Kembla/Dapto (Illawarra)
> >> Wyong (Short North)
> >> Springwood (West)
> >
> >I know all of that - but you missed my point - I know for a fact they are
> >out of gauge with the doors open beyond the wide-electric area - I know
this
> >is beyond Cowan and Emu Plains - I was not sure about where it finishes
on
> >the Illawarra.
> >
> >> With regards to mirrors, I think that they might be close to being out
of
> >> gauge (depending on the type of train and/or mirror used) but I'll
leave
> >> that to our ng friends who are train crew to confirm that.
> >
> >If opening the doors puts them out of gauge (and they only pop out a
couple
> >of inches) a mirrir would have to be VERY tiny to keep it in gauge.
> >
> >> Eric
> >
> >DaveP
> As i said yesterday forty million bucks will go a long way to fixing
> the loading gauge problems as well .
> regards
> Regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)

You going to shave the sides of the cars to make them narrower, or rebuild
all the tunnels and bridges? $40 million won't do a lot there.

As far as the Blue Mountains go, some of the platforms there are so curved
that a few years back, the trains had Conductors or SWSA's travelling on the
train in the middle to give assistance to the guard. Only on 8 and 10 car
trains though - not sure about 6 car trains.

These would be a nightmare under DOO.

DaveP

DaveP