Re: [QLD] Kuranda SX sets (was: [QLD] The last SX tin sets)

James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Ok then, according to you most people who holiday in cairns never use a suburban
> train.

<sigh>

You really do have some very serious comprehension problems.  I didn't
say that either, or the next piece of word twisting you came up with.

> I know plenty of people who have gone to Cairns.

Good for you...  so do I, but that doesn't mean they represent any
significant percenatge of the total number of tourists who visit the
region, or a significant percentage of the tourist dollars spent in
the region.

> I would still go up that line in a tin set.

So what are you arguing about?

> Is this the Zig Zag? I heard that they purchased a SX set. Until recently they
> have used wooden bodied carriages so only time will tell if these cars are as
> popular as the wooden bodied Evans cars.

And if it tells that they are popular? What will you do then?

> Has it occurred to you that they may be making an error?

They are putting their money where their beliefs are on this, which is
a whole more than can be said for you.

> It is basically just a train ride in competition with the QR operation.

If the Kuranda experience is is basically "just a train ride", your
whole argument about the type of rolling stock falls apart at the
seams anyway... you can't have it both ways.

> The WCR service to Warrnambool combines steam with a normal passenger
> service so it has a better chance of making a profit than just
> a tourist train.

I bet WCR would love to load factors like every single up and down
Kuranda trip.  This is getting far, far too silly.

Enjoy your strongly held beliefs.

Bill