Renaming of Sydney Central (NSW) - was: Tangaras are crap

Hi

The official name of the station at 0.00km (NSW) is once again Central.
Platforms 1-15 are to be referred to as Intercity platforms, platforms 16-25
to be known as Suburban platforms. The memo I saw on the SRA intranet (in
Cityrail publications/station circulars) advised that names such as Sydney
Terminal, Sydney Central and Central Electric are not to be used.

All of this I believe is due to a similar name of a shopping centre nearby
(it was too Sydney Central). Some Sydney Central signs had started to appear
at the entrances.

Eric
www.erk.au.com
Visit and have a look for yourselves