Re: [VIC] Reggie and Motormouth (was: a good weekend for gunzelling in Vic (long))

Stuart Thyer <s.thyer@anatomy.unimelb.edu.au> wrote in message
80sj3p$q9g$1@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au">news:80sj3p$q9g$1@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au...

> ----------
> In article <383121D5.6DF1DA8D@harnessnet.com.au>, Craig Haber
> <albatross@harnessnet.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >John Dennis wrote:
> >
> >> Reggie is not the name he used when he stood for the presidency of the
> >> ARE.  'Tis a name given him by other gunzels, I assume.
> >
> >Back at Maldon in July, some other guys were calling him Ralph.  He also
> >answers to Reggie, as in "Reggie, get out of my shot!!!"
> >
> AFAIK, his name is Reginald Ralph Longthorp, or it could be that this name
> too is a long held false belief, it's all I've known him as for 10 years,
> but then I've never actually asked him what his name is!
>
> Stuart Thyer
> Photographer
> University of Melbourne
If he wears things like orange shirts and light brown jackets,sometimes has
a  beard of sorts,lives in a bungalow out the back of a house,which must be
full of photos or slides,then I would know him as Ralphie.
Last time I saw him he was taking photos of the Rclass record number of
passengers train at Warragul.
On the Up he had set himself up at the up end annet locked points at
Warragul to get "that shot"
Just as the train arrived half of Warragul spilled out of the Club Hotel Vic
Bits in hand and stormed the track oblivious to Ralpie and his needs..
Ralphie started to abuse all in sundry to get out of his shot but to no
avail,he swore, he cursed and foamed in a peculiar manner and every one
laughed.
Some one turned round and asked him who died and made him C.E.O. of the
railway(well it was me actually)and at last he shut up.
He is harmless,and can be beaten,except most people on fan trips are too
courteous and overly pleasant to try it.
Get in to the compartment and tell him straight out that you don't wish to
know about the Bendigo pass or any thing else that he might like to
offer,and that if he doesn't like it,then F#$$ off and complain to the
Organizer. He wont but you will have won round one.
Good Luck
Lineman