Re: Daylight saving time

My timetables of 31 May 1987 show the North Mail to Tenterfield and Moree, and
the Western Mail to Dubbo (but not Parkes/Forbes).  These trains had all
disappeared by the 2 April 1989 timetable.

My computerised booking on the Western Mail to Parkes was actually 27/28 October
1984 (On a Nurail Pass) - it must have been early in the life of computerised
bookings which is probably why it sticks in my mind.  On that Nurail pass I also
travelled on the North Mail to Tenterfield and Narrabri and the North Coast Mail
to Grafton (as well as the Silver City Comet - which is why I went to Parkes).

One of my gunzel achievements is that I can honestly say that the first time in
my life I ever went to Sydney was on the South Mail - how many people these days
could say that!  Come to think of it - the first time I ever went to Adelaide
was on the Overland, the first time I ever went to Brisbane was on the Brisbane
Limited, and the first time I ever went to Perth was by Ship then suburban train
from Fremantle - not a bad record eh?