Re: Daylight saving time

Fred Morley <fredendi@idl.net.au> wrote in message
942833598.250353@ns.idl.com.au">news:942833598.250353@ns.idl.com.au...
> We have daylight saving time ion the East coast of Australia.NSW,Victoria.
> Nothing stops for changover times,in actual times the trains arrive 1 hour
> early one way and 1 hour late the other way,Oly confusing if you cross the
> border north into Queensland from New South Wales.

No - the changeover affects the whole country. Why on earth any operator
would even consider having trains depart on time on the Saturday nights when
clocks are to be put back (in March) is beyond me. It means that trains will
run early from about 0300 onwards. Most passengers on these trains are
already prebooked, bit I know for a fact (have seen it happen, AND have been
told by Chief Conductors/ Passenger services Supervisers) that they get
quite a few people who have not booked just showing up. These people know
the times, know they will get a seat outside of school holiday periods, and
just show up and pay on board.

there are also the people who do not look at tickets and look at timetables
instead (I know, we cannot prevent stupidity, but what is the sense in
running early when you can run on time?)

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au