Re: Daylight saving time

Dave Proctor wrote:

> Fred Morley <fredendi@idl.net.au> wrote in message
> 942833598.250353@ns.idl.com.au">news:942833598.250353@ns.idl.com.au...
> > We have daylight saving time ion the East coast of Australia.NSW,Victoria.
> > Nothing stops for changover times,in actual times the trains arrive 1 hour
> > early one way and 1 hour late the other way,Oly confusing if you cross the
> > border north into Queensland from New South Wales.
>
> No - the changeover affects the whole country.

Daylight saving operates only in some States - NSW, ACT, Vic, Tas and SA.  It
does not operate in Qld, NT or WA.

My only experience of this was some years ago on the Western Mail in NSW (That
shows how many years ago.  I travelled overnight from Sydney to Parkes in a BAM
sleeper.  When the booking was made the computer alerted the clerk to be aware
of the changeover to Daylight saving.  The effect was that I arrived one hour
late in Parkes.

>From this information, you should just about be able to calculate the exact date
on which I travelled - computer bookings and mail trains didn't co-exist for too
many years I'd say.