Re: Countrylink GM Sacked

Dave Proctor wrote:

> All I know is that in 1996, on the day of the reintroduction of NSW
> services to Brokan Hill, an train hauled by 3 80 class was entering the loop
> at Kiakatoo (sp?), was travelling at low speed, struck cattle, and was
> derailed.

Surely it just means better fencing is needed. Incidentally are the
railways responsible for this or is it the owners of adjoining
properties? In any case I'd think the probability of a collision in
daylight on long stretches of straight track is fairly low overall and
probably just happened at the worst possible time.

Dion