Re: Country(link?) - try walking instead

Jack wrote in message ...

>while I think running NT3 into Brisbane is s great idea.... there is a
>drawback... if Countrylink stopped running trains on the Branch, how long
do
>you think that line would stay open? I dont think NRR would be thrilled to
>be the only operator on the line, with the associated high Access costs...
>the line would eventually wither and die... as may happen in any case

There is one other alternative - to continue the line up to the Tweed or
Coolangatta and line up with the Gold Coast QR link (sort of like what
happens at the Victorian border at Albury but without necessarily continuing
the SG line - just having parallel platforms and a changeover)..   however,
personally, I'd prefer to travel direct between the two Big Smokes without
having to change trains to a suburban. It just makes more sense.

Someone suggested and Explorer, which is a good idea too, as a kind of
shuttle service.