Re: Country(link?) - try walking instead

Switched On <yaropolk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
1BQT3.437$ky4.8674@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:1BQT3.437$ky4.8674@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...

> With great respect to your mother-in-law and all of the (most worthily)
aged
> pensioner concessioned travelling public, to make the service
revenue-based,
> it would have to rely on the highest population base to make it pay its
way.
> Coolangatta is not actually very far from Surfers (I was just there on
> Saturday) and a bus from Robina station will take you there.. as will a
> number of coaches from Roma St in 50-60 minutes or so, depending on the
time
> of day.

I wouldn't catch the train from Sydney to Murwillumbah to go to Surfers
either. In the last 7 years I have been to Surfers 5 times for the Gold
Coast Marathon and have flown every time. Last year I caught the bus out to
Robina and then by train to Brisbane and I wasn't really impressed by the
length of the bus ride. I could have caught the trainlink bus which goes to
Nerang but, being a railfan, I wanted to catch the train at the end of the
line. The previous year I caught the bus to Helensvale when the line stopped
there and I think that was even quicker than the roundabout route from
Surfers to Robina. In 94 I got a bus from Surfers to Brisbane airport and I
definitely prefer the train to Brisbane, it will be even better when the
Brisbane airport line is finished.
BTW you don't have to give any respect to my mother-in-law, I certainly
don't.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton