Re: Feedback needed

Glenn at TIG <grjb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
381E92C7.D2573B60@ihug.com.au">news:381E92C7.D2573B60@ihug.com.au...

> Dave Proctor wrote:
>

> > Ridiculous? There are direct connections between the daylight
Melbournes,
> > and the overnight Murwillumbahs.
> >

> Well, yes, I suppose the connection would be "guaranteed" because ST-4
Melbourne
> Daylight
> forms NT-3 Murwillumbah Overnight. Its good to see that the timetable is
> operationally convenient and not passenger oriented. Passengers tend to
have an
> aversion to departing stations late at night. You are following in the
railways
> footsteps David! Remember ST16 on its final timetable because ST-4 was
> introduced? 0600 ex Albury! And why? Because it had to go to Meeks Road
for a
> service before forming NT-1 at 1624. And why does NT-1 leave before 16:30?
So it
> can get back to Sydney the following night at a respectable hour.
>
> Timetables should be written with the passengers interest in mind, and not
> because it conveniently fits together operationally.

If the government would provide funds to purchase additional rolling stock,
this would be possible.

As for the North Coast timetable, NT1 provides convenient arrival times up
to as far as Kempsey (around midnight is not overly inconvenient) - whilst
NT3 provides convenient times from Kempsey north - the whole line is served
by two trains per day at convenient times.

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au