Re: Feedback needed

David appears to have ignored every point which I made.

Connections in capitals should be a priority.  If reliability has to be
enhanced to achieve this, work on improving reliability rather than
throwing up the hands in horror 'we can't achieve this, so we will make it
impossible'.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

WhaleOilBeefHooked <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in article
> Sort of - a realisation that additional rolling stock will not be
provided,
> so I did the best thing I could with what was available.

I did better with what was available.

> Remember that we do not have "rail" systems anymore for country travel,
we
> have integrated operations. There are co-ordinated services, connecting
at
> Lithgow on the west and Broadmeadow/Newcastle on the north, providing
> through connections. To say that there is no connection is untrue.

Totally meaningless waffle: without connections there is no integration.

> Only for business travel - and you and I both know that rail travel for
> business travel will not happen again. For leisure travel, it is fine.

I don't know this, and for leisure travel late arrivals are not fine.
Having trains arrive early in the morning is *not* for business travel.  It
is for the vfr (visiting friends and relatives) market.  If I go interstate
for a weekend for social reasons, I must be back at work on Monday morning:
and not just 5 min from the city terminus - I am at least 60 min from the
city terminus, and so are many others.