Re: Country(link?) - try walking instead

>>> Depends where you are when you want your cuppa.... the ppl in the buffet
>>> have to do stock take and reconciliation and stuff, so where would you
>>> suggest they close the buffet?
>>
>>I'd suggest that this really shouldn't be the paying passenger's
>>problem.
>

>Point being is that for most things pple complain about there is a perfectly
>reasonable explanation as to why it is happening... that has been what I
>have been saying all along... it is up to pple to be reasonable after an
>explanation is offered, if they cant well that is their problem..

But there is reasonable and unreasonable.  My experience of railway
buffets is that they close (and open) at unreasonable times.  The
difficulty mentioned by an earlier poster of not being to buy scones
with her tea is unreasonable.

If Countrylink was serious about providing a service to the customers,
they wouldn't shut the buffer for stocktaking at the times they do.

I understand the reasons.  I understand why there are delays, but
somebody climbing aboard a train for the first time would be mighty
unhappy with the late running which seems to be endemic, and with the
poor catering.  Maybe unhappy enough to not use the service again.
And that is what Countrylink should be trying hard to stop - people
turning to the competition because of the service offered.

Cheers...JD