Re: Feedback needed

Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in message
01bf2431$37831c40$732d11cb@rodsmith">news:01bf2431$37831c40$732d11cb@rodsmith...
> David appears to have ignored every point which I made.

No - I did not consider them to be valid - EVERY arrival cannot connect with
EVERY departure.

> Connections in capitals should be a priority.  If reliability has to be
> enhanced to achieve this, work on improving reliability rather than
> throwing up the hands in horror 'we can't achieve this, so we will make it
> impossible'.

With the current political situation in NSW (i.e. NO new rolling stock) and
the current extremely heavy utilisation of the existing rolling stock, we
HAVE to say "we can't achieve this" - because it IS unachievable (at the
moment - unless the government does an about face and orders more stock).

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au

> --
> Regards
> Roderick Smith
> Rail News Victoria Editor
>
> WhaleOilBeefHooked <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in article
> > Sort of - a realisation that additional rolling stock will not be
> provided,
> > so I did the best thing I could with what was available.
>
> I did better with what was available.
>
> > Remember that we do not have "rail" systems anymore for country travel,
> we
> > have integrated operations. There are co-ordinated services, connecting
> at
> > Lithgow on the west and Broadmeadow/Newcastle on the north, providing
> > through connections. To say that there is no connection is untrue.
>
> Totally meaningless waffle: without connections there is no integration.
>

> > Only for business travel - and you and I both know that rail travel for
> > business travel will not happen again. For leisure travel, it is fine.
>

> I don't know this, and for leisure travel late arrivals are not fine.
> Having trains arrive early in the morning is *not* for business travel.
It