Re: Country(link?) - try walking instead

Reuben Farrelly <reubie@bigpond.AAA.com> wrote in message
7vjucq$j02$1@newton.pacific.net.au">news:7vjucq$j02$1@newton.pacific.net.au...

> John Dennis <jdennis@acslink.net.au> wrote in message
> 0z0dOMt5Il=aUD5l2nSrhWdfLlCb@4ax.com">news:0z0dOMt5Il=aUD5l2nSrhWdfLlCb@4ax.com...
> > If Countrylink was serious about providing a service to the customers,
> > they wouldn't shut the buffer for stocktaking at the times they do.
>
> Yep exactly.  Perhaps they'd do the stocktaking after the train has
> terminated, a bit like the cleaners do the cleaning after the passengers
> have gone...

A case in point is the Murwillumbah and Brisbane XPT's. When I have caught
these trains, the SPA is not involved in cleaning or turning of seats. Yet
they still close the buffet at Byron Bay (on NT3) and 30 mins before
Brisbane on NT1. Why? They could really leave it open until they emerge from
the tunnel to enter Roma St - they do not have to do stocktake or revenue
procedures, as the same crew works the train back.

Another point. A senior PSS said he was amazed the buffet store was not
located at Meeks Road - all XPT's have to go there, although some provision
would have to be made for the Xploders.

If they did this, they could close the buffet later (say Hornsby, Blacktown,
Liverpool) and the SPA could take the train through to Meeks Rd.

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au